Orinda Academy, Childhood Matters and Student Organizational Services presents:
Helping Teens Learn in an Era of Digital Overload
Panel and Audience Q & A
Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 10am - Noon
Are your teens spending too much time on the computer, cell phone and Facebook? How much is too much?
Our panel of experts will discuss:
- Research on multi-tasking with school work and technology
- Facebook or homework? Tips to help teens manage school and media.
- Adolescent development and social networking.
- Texting or sexting?
- “Safe” social networking
- Video game addiction
Join us for a panel discussion and audience question and answer featuring local experts,
- Beth Samuelson, MA, director of Student Organizational Services
- Jason Brand, LCSW, founder of Positive Technology Relationships
- Rona Renner RN, host of Childhood Matters radio show and a parent educator
- Paul Lipson, former Orinda Academy music teacher, technology teacher, and video game designer
- Dylan Kimsey Hutchinson, Orinda Academy senior, Facebook and video enthusiast
Orinda Academy, 19 Altarinda Road, Orinda, CA 94563
Admission $10. Register. (space is limited)
For any questions contact email@example.com or (510) 531-4767
Kids and Technology
Rona Renner and Jason Brand on View from the Bay.