HIGH-CALIBER ACADEMIC COACHES WANTED
FOR MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
Build Your Skills with Adolescents in This Well-Paid, Part-Time PositionSOS4Students (SOS) is looking for high-caliber candidates to provide one on one academic coaching to middle and high school students. We are the preeminent provider in the Bay Area of academic coaching to students experiencing academic challenges at school. We have helped many underachieving, even failing, students become confident and productive in their schoolwork.
SOS believes all students are capable of success in school, and that challenges often arise when students lack skills/techniques with which to approach their assignments. Our mission is to equip students with effective study strategies so schoolwork that was overwhelming becomes manageable.
If you can answer yes to the following questions, SOS4Students wants to see your resume:
- Do you have undergraduate and/or graduate work in education, special education, and/or a teaching credential?
- Do you have recent experience teaching in a high school or middle school?
- Have you taught study strategies and/or organizational skills to adolescents before?
- Are you familiar with executive functioning and have you worked with students on it?
- Are you willing to be trained and then conduct weekend workshops in study strategies for students in the summer (for a couple of weekends total per summer)?
- Special interest in expository writing, science, math, or language.
- Background or coursework in educational therapy or learning disabilities.
Required availability: After-school hours (4pm to 8pm), 1 to 2 afternoons per week (and/or Sundays)
Location: Oakland (Montclair) and/or Walnut Creek.
- Your resume
- Cover letter summarizing your skills and goals
- An explanation of your learning and teaching style
Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements listed above. We review materials and respond only to qualified applicants.